Thursday, January 17, 2013

Prayers For a Friend

Yesterday I learned that a friend who runs with our group received the news that she has breast cancer. At this time, I have very little information other than she would like time to process the news without being bombarded.  I know she reads this blog and I just want to tell her that my family is praying for her.   The news is undoubtedly always harsh and scary.  I imagine it adds another level of fear when you are the mother of young children, as she is.

My friend, we prayed in the car and we prayed at the dinner table, specifically, for you.  I hope it brings you comfort to recall the countless times you've witnessed God's ever loving presence through the life of Nora, who you also follow.  Ask and you shall receive is NOT just something we say to feel better or to make others feel better.  It is the truth.  Grant your requests to God with utmost faith and He will lovingly lead you through the darkness and honor those requests.

I am posting this here to ask for some extra prayers for my friend.  Offer up some tough runs for her or if you are not a runner, offer up something hard in your day.  Be thankful for having the ability to do what so many others cannot.  There is power in numbers when it comes to prayer.  I've witnessed it time and time again.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, Prayers for your friend. She's lucky to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete