Sunday, January 22, 2012

Love is..

I am SURE you have heard the question over and over "What is love?", and a million and a half cheesy explanations for this thing you cannot touch, but only feel.  And I don't think I've ever had the desire to sit down and actually define MY definition of.  But this morning, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I finally can honestly define what love is.   So here goes.... love in my terms.

Love is:

Missing my morning run due to ice when I already feel fat and the scale has not so nicely confirmed it.  Going back to bed for two hours and waking up to breakfast made by Jack and Lucy, even though I carbed up pretty good a few hours earlier in anticipation of a killer morning long run.  Proceeding to eat EVERY BITE of a very salty omelet, cereal with 2% milk and a large cup of extremely weak, luke warm coffee with a pound of whipped cream on top (I think Jack pushes the "brew" button twice on the Keurig when he makes me coffee and it runs through the same pack of coffee... gosh that shit is WEAK).  And when I say every bite, I do mean it.  And I did it because two faces were sitting there watching and smiling and anticipating my reaction.  Kairos time/moment.




John I hope this makes you smile.  I know you only read my blogs at work and Monday is not your favorite day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment